Frequently Asked Questions
1. I am interested in the PALI. It states it will cover 80 cubic feet. I’m not sure how big that is.
The Pali will work well with most boats under 30’ long
2. Is the Pali able to be used in diesel and gas engine compartments?
Yes, diesel is less flammable, but neither engine fuels have an issue operating with Pali
3. I would like to hard wire the PALI. Is your wire colour coding the same as the US?
Please note that the PALI is not meant for direct wire. This product will not be under warranty, and it will be at your own risk
4. Can the True North and the PALI be run on the same circuit?
No. Heaters should be used on their own circuit to ensure that they will work when they are needed.
5. Can I mount the True North Model 9206 heater upside down on the ceiling for use as a window defroster?
No. The heater must be used in the upright position. It has not been designed or tested upside down. This could cause a safety risk.
6. Can the True North be used with an inverter?
It will work through an inverter as long as the inverter is capable to handle power 120 volts., 15amp rated. The inverter would tell you this. HOWEVER, it is not recommended as it will kill the battery.
7. Is the True North heater double insulated?
8. Is it safe to use the True North heaters at 110V 50 Hz?
We cannot advise the heater to be used at 50 Hz. CSA and UL have tested this only at 60 Hz
9. How long does the motor last?
20,000 + hours on the Sirocco II Elite and 5000+ hours on all others
10. Can I install two fans on the same circuit or do they need their own circuits?
Yes, you can install two fans on the same circuit
11. What is the plastic made of?
This depends on the fan- FR ABS, ASA but the blade is made of polyethylene.
12. What gauge of wire should I use to install?
The gauge of wire required is determined by the size of fuse / circuit breaker used to protect the circuit. For example in residential wiring if you have wired the circuit with 14 AWG wire then a 15 AMP circuit breaker is required. If you wire with 12 AWG you would use a 20 Amp.
13. What is the difference between the 747 & 757 model fans?
747 model has a cigarette lighter adapter (plug), and it also comes with a suction cup mount – in additional to the permanent mount. 757 model is direct wire, and has the permanent mount.
14. My product has a 12 volt lighter plug included, can I cut it off and direct wire it?
Yes. Please ensure that the smooth cord wire (with writing) is attached to the negative (ground) wire, and the ribbed cord wire is connected to the positive (red) wire.
15. What is the cylinder shaped component on the cord?
Large ferrite beads are commonly seen on external cabling. ... Ferrite beads are used as inductors to form a passive low-pass filter. They combat electromagnetic interference.
16. Do your fans have a CSA or UL rating?
Our Marine fans are low voltage fans that do not plug into the grid, therefore they do not require CSA or UL certifications.
17. Can these fans be wired for home use?
No. Unless they are using “off grid” power like 12V batteries.
18. Can your fans be used to ventilate my engine room, running on minimum 24 hours a day?
No. Our fans are not ‘ignition proof’ certified or tested. In an engine room there is always the risk of having fuel and hydro carbon fumes. For this reason, we do not recommend our fans be used in this environment.
19. How far across the window will the Fairview defogger defog?
In general terms that is hard to answer, it will depend on: how much condensation, outside temperature, and how long the defogger is running
20. Does the Fairview Defogger have a UL rating?
This product is a low voltage product which does not plug into the gird, therefore it does not require a UL rating
21. Is the Stor-Dry safe to be left on for months unsupervised?
Yes, current models the Stor-Dry have a resettable fuse, that will shut the unit off if it overheats.
22. What is the plastic on the bottom of the Stor-Dry made out of?
It is made with flame resistant plastic and has been tested and approved by CSA
23. What amount of space will a Stor-Dry effectively prevent mold and mildew?
24. What is the life expectancy of the motor in the Stor-Dry?
Approx 4-5 years 6000+ hrs.